I sat home last night while Matt was at work and did all kinds of research on IVF. The good, the bad, the ugly. I wanted to know everything and as much as possible before we make this decision to move forward. I had already reached out to the nurse at my clinic to send me a generic IVF timeline so we would know what we are getting into if we move forward…but, I wanted to know more. I wanted to read blogs by women who had done IVF; sharing their struggles & victories.
One woman described taking THREE different shots every evening leading up to IVF & described what it’s like to give your body up to the medicine for IVF — taking numerous medications throughout the day at certain times. The side effects that come along with each medicine…oh joy, something to look forward to I tell ya
As I’ve said before, we are blessed to have health insurance that covers most of the costs of infertility. However, IVF is still expensive. Without insurance, it would be around $15,000. We will stay pay close to $2,000 for IVF if we decide to go that route — which is what we are leaning towards anyway.
All I’m struggling with right now is if it’s time to take a break for a month or two and how many embryos to transfer…praying that we will come to a decision soon and know what’s best for us.
I want to take a break so bad (from everything), but I want a child so much more. I know I can make it through and I have the strength to continue this journey with my husband and family and friends at our side.
You will do what’s right for you, just take a little time to make sure you’re comfortable with the timing and decision. Taking a break for a couple of months beforehand was really good for me! It seems counterintuitive, but it provided me with the strength and energy I needed going into IVF.
Sometimes a break can be really helpful, it helped us a lot this summer. Your fortunate to have insurance to cover so much of your IVF, but 2k is still a lot, I get that!
PIC, I don’t completely understand your struggle because I didn’t seek medical help when I couldn’t conceive. I was too scared to try Clomid, to have Danny go in and see what they might say about him.
I am so proud of how strong you are and how you are handling everything…I know the waiting is the hardest part because I waited 2 years to finally get that positive pregnancy test.
But know that you need to do what’s best for you..if you need a break then take it! If you want to try right now then do it…pray about it, talk about it with Matt and know that I am always here to support you in whatever decision you make!
Love you ❤